Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Backing the Underdogs


After reading my post on Bill Richardson, my son-in-law wants to know why I always back the losers. He knows that I still have a Dennis Kucinich for president sign in my garage, a left over from the last presidential primary. Now his mother-in-law seems determined to back another loser this time around. He will be really shocked if he reads this post, because I'm still pretty hooked on Dennis. I just might have to recycle that Kucinich sign.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time on a post to explain my support of Kucinich when Dick Feagler has done a much better job of defending his candidacy, and I pretty much agree with all that he says in his Feb. 14th article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. To the other contenders for the Democratic nomination, I'd like to issue a warning. Don't underestimate the power of Kucinich. Remember, David defeated the giant Goliath with a slingshot. The short scrappy high school quarterback from Cleveland just might make a touchdown by speaking truth to power, especially when he's been standing solidly oppossed to the Iraq debacle from the beginning.

Link: Kucinich for President

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you're talking, Lady !

How do you spell P-E-A-C-E ? This man is the only candidate out there that seems genuinely dedicated to accomplishing this.

Let me suggest Babara Boxer as his VP with her extensive experience serving on the Foreign Relations Committee.

What a P-R-O-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E Dream Team !

Happy Valentine's Day To You, Cee Jay :)

Peace,
Cosmic

Cee Jay said...

Thanks, Cosmic and a Happy Valentine's Day to You too!
Barbara Boxer would make a great VP for him. Kucinich has vision, something that almost every other candidate lacks. The only thing they can see is the next election and their standing in the polls.