Monday, October 01, 2007

Cold Noses, Warm Hearts

Wow! I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted anything on here. There have been some furry creatures taking most of my attention lately. First, I dog sat my friend's nine month old standard Schnauzer for a week. It has been awhile since I have had a dog around the house for a period of time, especially one with so much puppy energy and enthusiasm for going on long walks. Chi Chi was a great house guest and made me remember how wonderful it is to have a cold nosed, warm hearted pal there to greet you when you walk in the door.



My son, took in a mostly Jack Russell Tarrier who needed a person and a home to call her own. Jon calls her Gypsie, and she is a doll. My husband says it is quite amazing to see how well this little lady, who weighs a little over 7 pounds and stands less than a foot tall can control her master who is 6" 4" and weighs over 200lbs. I spent the weekend in Columbus helping Jon dog proof the house while also taking care of my daughter and son-in-laws dog, Sagan while they were in Chicago. Sagan is out of the puppy stage now, but still likes to take me on long walks to Schiller Park in Columbus. There is nothing like a dog to encourage exercise when one is less than enthusiastic about getting out there.

2 comments:

enigma4ever said...

ahhh nothing like a warm pup on the lap to remember that all is right with the world...sigh...love the pics...

( I had no idea that you were Ohio....nice to meet you neighbor...)

Cee Jay said...

Thanks! Ohio is wonderful as you know. While we were traveling this summer, I was surprised by the number of people we met who had never seen our beautiful state except from the interstate.